Valentine’s Day is a great event for so many reasons (for 62% of the world who celebrate it at least). We thought an infographic to demonstrate this fact was in order and went about compiling statistics on;
- What people buy
- How much they spend
- Who they spend it on
- Some other wacky statistics (did you know 11,000 babies are conceived on Valentine’s day for example?).
The Valentine’s Day 2013 Statistics Infographic
Some key statistics:
- Average spend per person will be 3.2% higher than 2012
- 180 Million Valentine’s day cards are sent; 85% by women
- Conversely 80% of all flowers are bought by men
- 62% of people celebrate Valentine’s Day
- 11,000 babies are conceived on Valentine’s day
- £8.8 billion will be spent globally on romantic Valentine’s gifts (some not so romantic).
Did you run a valentine’s day marketing campaign this year? How did it go, and did inbound marketing work for you?
Embed This Image On Your Site (copy code below):